Thursday 21 February 2013

Retreat 2013

Retreat 2013, Photocredit Michael Whitby
Retreat 2013, Photocredit Michael Whitby

Retreat 2013, Photocredit Michael Whitby
Retreat 2013, Photocredit Michael Whitby

I have recently returned home after spending an intense week on an artists rural workshop in North Wales. It was such a pleasure to communally live with such an inspiring group of talented artists. Retreat is organised by artist Michael Whitby who is based in London. Each evening three artists presented their work and we then held discussions in response. After being out of art school for a long time this was the perfect environment for me. I have long craved critical feedback, and have come away from Retreat with a new perspective on my work and the way I make. The new friendships and connections I have made through the retreat are very valuable to me and I cant wait to have a full experience of the work made by the artists I met.

Look out for the Retreat 2013 publication coming soon.

For more information on Retreat please visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment