Monday 13 February 2012

The Griffith Library at Dynevor

Sue Griffith' Original Print and the title

A selection of Sue's published texts, including Craig Y Nos 2010


Anglea Maddock, Curator of the exhibition

Adelina Patti Drawings 2010

Art School Library Entrance with new name


Ink drawings of Adelina Patti 2010

Drawings in situ

Women's Language I

Women's Language II

It was such a joy to be present at the opening of the Women’s Language exhibition and the renaming of the library at the Dynevor Centre for Art, Design and Media, both in honour of the inspirational Sue Griffith. I was honoured to be included in such a wonderfully curated group show of artists. Exhibiting drawings that I had made of Adelina Patti was an unusual experience for myself. It was wholly enjoyable as it was easier to be part of the crowd, unlike when making performance or showing film or photographic documentation. It was also a way of me testing the perceptions of my practice, as I am primarily recognised for making performance work.
There was plenty of cake to be had, and the turn out was incredible. Friends, lecturers, past students and present students all came together to celebrate the legacy that Sue left behind- a luscious library full to the brim with wonderful art literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment