Tuesday 22 November 2011

A Sunday Memorial



A large screen illuminated the room, with an image of a girl climbing a Cedar of Lebanon whilst attached to thirty multi coloured balloons. Purple and blue cast a cloud of colour over the audience as they witnessed the video documentation of me leaping from the tree at Cathays Cemetery in July. Sounds of drumming and thudding came from the bright balloons, and echoed through level 3 of St. David’s Hall. This was the day that the Balloon Girl team and myself had been gearing towards for nearly a year. From the moment Id approached a talented filmmaker, writer, photographer and graphic designer with my idea’s and visual aims. We were all extremely proud and I’m so happy to have shared this work with everyone. It has expanded from detailed sketches and notes I made (this is an integral part of the performance process for me) into the live work, and then the film installation and publication.

Thank you to everyone who came along and supported this project.

For more details of the launch, please visit:

Diolch x

No comments:

Post a Comment